Graduate Research Asst
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree Program: Ph.D. Horticultural Science
- Previous Degrees: BSc Agriculture-KNUST (Ghana); MSc. Agronomy (Plant Breeding)-KNUST (Ghana)
- Advisor: Dr. Craig Yencho
- Completion Date: Summer 2018
My research topic is “Multilocation phenotyping, genotyping, and QTL analysis of sweetpotato. It involves phenotyping at different locations with an emphasis on quality traits and genotyping-by-sequencing, a modern technology that offers a good opportunity for the identification of a high number of SNPs. This will be followed by the construction of high-density linkage maps and subsequent association of SNP markers and phenotypes in the two reciprocal mapping populations namely Beauregard X Tanzania as well as Tanzania and Beauregard. Additionally, this study aims at investigating the activities of α-and β-amylase in the reciprocal mapping populations.