Graduate Research Asst
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Williams Hall 1209
- Degree Program: M.S. in Crop Science
- Previous Degree: B.S. in Genetics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Advisor: Dr. Susana Milla-Lewis
- Completion Date: Fall 2020
My research is focused on identifying putative genes that impact freeze tolerance in St. Augustinegrass through validation of previously identified QTL. Further identification through transcriptomics will follow linkage validation of associated genomic regions. I will also be investigating the effects of de-acclimation to cold temperatures in relation to its impact on freezing tolerance. The ultimate goal of my project is to identify genes to be used in marker-assisted selection and develop freeze-tolerant turfgrass varieties.